Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Follow through...


"This is the start of something good... don't you agree? I haven't felt like this is in so many moons... you know what I mean?"

Today is the first day of freedom; the first day I won't chain myself down with worries and fears. I feel inspired and I want to let myself be inspired. I'm inspired to dance...inspired to write...inspired to love...inspired to live. I couldn't sit at work staring at a computer screen any longer. I was busy listening and getting lost in the lyrics of my music, and all I wanted to do was free my body and create, even if nothing solid. So, I left...I walked out early and went on my way through town and out to the ocean, the one place that clears my head, my heart, and my soul more than any other. Standing there taking in the smell of the ocean breeze, I suddenly had no cares in the world: no worries of who was watching me or what anyone would think, and more importantly, I didn't stand there ashamed of what I think of myself. I was simply me in the rawest of forms and I danced on the pier. Not only dance... I even began to choreograph, something which usually "scares me to death" and because of this is also something that never happens. I was overlooking the ocean rather that looking over my shoulder. I was moving rather than thinking, letting my body write the story to these words:

"They tell you where you need to go... tell you when you need to leave. They tell you what you need to know...tell you who you need to be. But everything inside you knows there's more than what you've heard. There's so much more than empty conversations filled with empty words. And you're on fire when he's near you. You're on fire when he speaks. You're on fire burning at these mysteries.

Give me one more time around. Give me one more chance to see. Give me everything you are. Give me one more chance to be near you. Everything inside me looks like everything I hate. You are the hope I have for change. You are the only chance I'll take. When I'm on fire when you're near me. I'm on fire when you speak. I'm on fire fire burning at these mysteries.

I'm standing on the edge of me. I'm standing on the edge of everything I've never been before. I'm standing on the edge of me. I'm standing on the edge. And I'm on fire when you're near me. I'm on fire you speak. Burning at these mysteries . You're the mystery."

So there it is. This is something I'd like to continue. It's not a promise that I've said aloud to anyone. It is, instead, a hope that I've made for myself through thought and one that I've placed here.

"This is the start of something good... don't you agree? But you have to follow through, with every word you say..."




1 comment:

Lauryn said...

Great first post Chey :)

Less than three weeks and I will be in the presence of my beautiful, amazing best friend! Is it crazy that I've already started packing my suitcase??? hehe.