Monday, January 12, 2009

Christmas Break Update!

Wow...so I'm not quite as dedicated to this whole blog thing as I should be, seeing as how my last post was about 2 months ago. I think my life just gets going a mile a minute, and most of the time, I get so wrapped up in just living it, that I forget to sit down and document it. I suppose there are worse ways to be, but it's now a new year, so I'll try to be a bit more frequent.

I was so excited and so ready toward the end of November to get outta here and visit home for a bit. I think I get to that point at the end of each year, where I love my life, but I just get to the end of my rope and need some hometown lovin'! There's nothing like family, your old stuff, your dog, and life-long best friends to bring you back down to the root of who you are. It's so easy to get lost in the hustle and bustle of being a new-comer into the "real world" that you can lose sight of the core of who you are and what you love. Needless to say, my 3 week visit home and week and a half vacation to Florida was something I was REALLY looking forward to!

Michigan was great! Lots of snow and crazy mini road trips with my mom was just a part of what made it so memorable. It was so comforting to be in my childhood house with my beautiful family and pet, and Christmas decorations! Fun to be at my short-term job (ski resort) and hitting the slopes with my favorite ski buddies! Perfect to spend some "ineteresting" evenings with my one-and-only best friend! Everything was perfect, besides the fact that 3 weeks just slips away so quickly!

Then I was on a plane to Florida to visit my wonderful boyfriend and meet, for the first time ever, his best friends, his dad, his favorite aunt and uncle....oh yeah....and did I mention his 6 sisters?! Yeah....no pressure!

No comments: