Monday, January 26, 2009

The Photo Game

I've decided I want to participates in this "count the 4's" photo game. You know...the one where you choose the 4th folder wherever you keep your pictures stored, and from there, choose the 4th photo. I'm then supposed to post it "as is" and explain. Here it is:

This was the PERFECT picture to have come up! I took this in Japan this past summer, while on tour. For those of you who don't know me, which is practically everyone on here, after graduating high school, I moved to California to enter a performing arts group. With this group, I spent 3 consecutive summers in Japan, teaching their children and putting on shows. That's where this photo comes into play. While teaching the kids their show, we split them into 3 different groups according to age: the blue group is the oldest, the red group is the middle, and the yellows are the babies, or as we like to call them for fun, "nuggets".

As you know, "nuggets" attention span is not always the most concentrated, so you have to play games with them in between to keep them interested. This is what my friend Ashwin came up with for these little female tykes. Ashwin would yell, "Quiido...himitsu" which means "Yellows...secret" in Japanese. Directly following her, they would all yell, "Ohnoniko, CHO kawaii. Ohtokoniko....KUSAI"! Translation: "Girls are SO cute. Boys....STINKY"! They had all of these movements and actions to go with it, and action shown above was the very end....KUSAI! My favorite is the girl in the front with the plaid bow, but find the girl behind her in the blue polka-dots. She was very committed!

No comments: