Monday, January 12, 2009

Workout Wisdom

It's been recently brought to my attention (and by recently, I mean within the last 2 minutes of "blog wandering") that many people's New Year's resolutions are to become more active and "fit", for lack of a better word. I have to say...I'm relieved that I'm not alone on this one!

My boyfriend and I have been sharing our concerns with one another about our bodies. We're both dancers and are used to being very driven and active people, but have recently departed from the performing arts group that we were in. It seems like daily, one of us turns to the other, pudges out our stomach for "shits and giggles", and says in a low, monotone voice, "I'm fat"! Now....FAT in either of our cases is an exaggeration, however, it's hard to watch our normally toned figures slowly, and sadly, change shape a bit. Our goal is to get back to how we were this summer.
Now, I'm used to dancing my little booty off day in and day out, but I, unfortunately, broke a couple of my toes on New Years Day (and no, I wasn't drunk...anymore) so dancing is a little out of my realm of options for at least another 2 weeks. Also off the list includes running, jumping, and sports. Boo! In turn, I started internet searching for what may be a promising workout video, and then came Billy Blanks, aka, my new best friend! He has a cardio video that I'm really looking forward to trying once I heal, but his ab bootcamp is killer! And by "killer", I'm talking amazing! There I was today, in only my boy cut undies, and Sean's (the boyfriend) old green t-shirt, sweating my little booty off to Mr. Blanks incredible workout wisdom. It's never too late to learn some new tricks I suppose, so I'm highly recommending this new discovery of mine!

Has anyone else have good experiences with his stuff? How about other options I have yet to find? Also healthy, cheap meals I could possibly make (keep in mind, I'm not a talented cook)?

1 comment:

Lauryn said...

Good for you guys! Good luck with getting back to your more-toned selves. Although I'll admit that when I read about you two being concerned about your bodies I almost spit out my coffee because if I had to choose two perfect people it would probably be you guys.

I'll look into some recipes for you! I have a good smoothie recipe if you have a blender :)