Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Xmas Break: Florida Style


The second half of my Christmas break took me to Florida, to meet up with Sean, and to MEET his family. In all actuality, I had stayed with his mom when she was in California for a couple months, and we couldn't have adored each other more, so I could breathe easy there. However, it was the dad, the best friends, the favorite Aunt & Uncle, and the 6 sisters that had my heart pounding a bit more heavily than usual. There were a lot of expectations and a lot of pressure that I assumed I'd be walking into, and I didn't want to screw anything up because, truth is...I REALLY like this guy, and he really believes in the opinions of his family.

It turned out that it was the most amazing and memorable trip! I couldn't have had more fun...I couldn't have adored everyone I met more...I couldn't have begged to stay any harder! Not only did it bring he and I closer, but it gave me such a better understanding for his personality, his actions, and his background. It's amazing how having that knowledge can all of the sudden boost your love for them even more! Why is that, I wonder?

The first night I got there, he and I stayed in Miama and went to a friend's wedding, and Sean could not have looked more handsome! We stayed in a beautiful hotel overlooking the bay with white curtains swaying in the breeze. Perfect beginning!

The next morning, we drove up to his place in West Palm Beach, where we did Christmas with his mom, and I finally met 2 of his older sisters. That night, he was really eager for me to meet his Uncle Doug & Aunt Marie (side note: look at me go with the names! woot woot), and they were throwing a party for the Hurricanes game, so we got cleaned up and headed their way. I wasn't exactly a sober night at that house, so I got to hear a lot of stories that were probably full of regret come morning, but it was a blast!

A few days later, I was treated to a night out at a Miami Heat vs. Cleveland Cavaliers game! If you don't know (which you probably don't), Sean has turned me into a raving Lebron James fan, so I was psyched to watch him in action. The night turned into failure to tailgate, my beautiful camera temporarily confiscated, beer, a mess of peanut shells, a bloody nose, and the Cavs losing, and yet it was one of the best nights there! Too much fun!

Then came New Year's eve. To make a long story short: We sat down to an amazing Japanese dinner with lots of friends...I later dominated in my first ever game of "flip cup"...all of the food tasted SO much better after that (hmm...wonder why)...got my best New Year's kiss...and fell asleep not long after, due to my head becoming 20 time heavier than I remembered it being at the beginning of the night. Hehe...Happy New Year!



For New Year's day, we decided to stick around his best friend's house, just being lazy around the pool and watching some football. During a commercial break, Sean came behind me and put me up into a dance lift. As he was bringing me back down, the ground came a lot faster than I expected, so I was still shooting my legs down with pointed toes and met the cement a lot more quickly than I expected. Unfortunately, we broke my toes...pretty badly!

It was so amazing to hang out with his entire family. It was a fantastic trip filled with lots of great time, memories, and pictures! Cannot wait until I get to visit again!









1 comment:

Ashley said...

Love the photo of the girl upside down with red hair sooo cute.

Oh my gosh, ouch!!!! your toes!!! Hope they heal fast!

Also, thanks so much for your sweet comment! I've been shooting for about 5 years. I was doing it as freelance on the side for a long time. Just went full time pro this year. All self taught.. trial and error, books, online tutorials.

Anyway, your work is great! Keep shooting!!

Ashley